Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Back in the loop...

Okay, I went out with almost two weeks without a meal plan and that's not good! Ever since I started this blog, I have been planning my meals every weekend for the entire week (at least dinner anyway). It has save me a lot of money and some anxiety over what to make for dinner. I just pack the leftovers for lunch the next day and eat my usual breakfast which can be anything. I have enjoyed trying all these recipes. In fact, it's one of the things that I look forward to coming home to now. I just never know what I'm going to get today (in the recipe)...and that can be exciting.

I must say, though, that I haven't really loved any of the Asian recipes I have tried. I wonder if it's because I eat so much Asian food already, so I am just more critical. The non-Asian food recipes tastes pretty good to me. Maybe it's because I just haven't had enough non-Asian food; kind of like how when I was young I used to think Chinese buffets were the best! LOL And then I ate too much Chinese (American-Chinese e.g. Panda Express) and now I don't like it as much. I happen to not like buffets anymore. Seeing all the cooked food looks appealing, but when I actually eat it, it is not so good. Nothing beats home cooked meals.

I'm also going to start a rating system on the recipes that I try. On a scale of 1-5, 5 meaning the recipe was near perfect where it tasted spectacular (okay, great) and I didn't have to change much or anything to the recipe. One would be disappointing taste and so on. So far, I have only one recipe on my blog that I would rate a 5 and that's the Chicken Parmigiana. That was just yummy!

No comments:

Post a Comment