Monday, November 22, 2010

Duncan Hines Devil's Food Cake Mix: Don't fix what's not broken.


Ok, I have attempted to bake a chocolate cake from scratch 3x now. One of them turned out good. The other two not so. I bought a box of Duncan Hines Devil's Food Cake Mix just in case they didn't turn out. Since it was just sitting in the pantry, I decided to bake some cupcakes out of the box. Boy, were they good! I had them before, but haven't had them in a long time. They're rich, moist and very chocolaty. They're perfect! I don't care what anyone says about cake in a box because nothing beats this chocolate cake especially when you eat it a few moments later right from the oven. I hate store bought frosting though. It just has a very artificial flavor to it. I bought this new glaze from the store and didn't like it. So, I made up my mind. I'm not going to attempt to make a chocolate cake from scratch again because I like this one as it is. Why go through all that trouble and $$ just to make one when there's nothing wrong with this one?

Yum, yum. So moist and yummy:

2 comments:

  1. Hi!

    Amazing blog you got there :D I love it!
    So I'm a new follower :)

    Maybe you can check out my blog as well, some time, and become a follower? I would like that :)

    http://tesjoesblog.blogspot.com

    Thanks :) And keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete